Sunday, June 20, 2010

I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

our shihtzu's almost 1 year old and his hair is kinda long and messy, soo my sister went to a groomer to do our shihtzu. what happened is they shaved him all up and now he ended up looking like a hotdog. hes really upset with his new do and now hes hiding under our bed. im also worried because he has this rashes and his peniss is kinda swollen too. what can i do?



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

they had to shave him, his knots(matts) were too bad,when this happens the knots of hair are right at the skin, and pinches them, so really he probably feels lots better! He may have been scared from being at the groomers, I'm sure he was there awhile, and sounds like he hasn't gone before. You just need to love on him, his hair will grow back, but you must brush it all the time so he doesn't suffer anymore:)



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

My shih tzu had the same problem. His hair was so tangled up and messy, full of knots and his fur was matted so we took him to the groomers and they had to shave it all off. He was very upset when he returned and he hid in corners.



Try to spend some time with ur dog, pet him and try to offer him some treats in time he will forget about the incident.



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

He is probably just still feeling nervous from being to the groomers. If he had knots in his fur he is better off now being shaved. Just give him some time and he will be back to normal. Make sure when his hair starts growing back out to keep him brushed everyday, this way he shouldn't get any more knots and will look and feel better!



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

Tell your sister you're mad at her and take the dog to the vet... or at least call the vet to find out what to do about his rashes. As far as the hair problem, make sure you brush him at least every other day if not every day. He won't get all matted then and will also be a much happier dog. Give him some positive attention though after that experience at the groomer. He'll get used to it. :)



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

Your sister did the right thing. They had to shave him to get knots out. The rash is probably from knot ts pulling his skin. His penis did not swell from grooming. It probably looks bigger with no hair. He is probably under bed cause it is warmer and he may be cold with his hair shaved. Get him a little shirt or hoodie. Or a nice little warm blanket to cuddle up with. And keep him brushed DAILY!!



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

Time will cure his haircut. Try some baby powder or Gold Bond medicated powder for the rashes



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

Shih tzus need to be brushed daily if kept in a long coat, otherwise they get horrible matted coats and cutting them short is the only thing you can do. Although its possible that the groomer did a bad job, its equally possible the rashes may have already been on his skin under the mats because the skin gets irritated by being pulled by the mats. You need groom your dog every single day or else take him to a groomer every 4-6 weeks and keep him in a shorter clip (though not as short as the one you have now which is due to the mats).



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

well i have a shihzu and i had to get him shaved but he didn't react to it and maybe you should take him to the vet for the rashes and private part swolleness.



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

you should buy him a little jacket and give him way more attention then usual.



O and maybe buy hi a toy to cheer him up.



My shih tzu had the same problem.



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

the rashes could have been caused from hair pulling as they were shaving him, or it could be something more serious. With his penis swelling, he could have had an allergic reaction to something the groomers put on him after.



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

The reason the groomer shaved him was probably because he was so matted it was the only thing to do. As for the rash and his other problem, take him to the vet. Why do people not take their animals to the vet when there is obviously something wrong with them? I don't get it.



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

I own three furbabies. I always have the groomer give them a puppy cut. I love the look, much easier to take care of. And believe me it gets expensive. I own a dog clipper and sometimes when I have the time, I groom them myself.



I feel bad for my shihtzu dog. HELP!?

tell your sister you are mad, and go talk to the groomer and vet

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans