Thursday, June 17, 2010

Putting on a Dog Bow?

I bought a bow for my Shih tzu's hair and i cant figure out how to put it in. It has three rubber bands connected to it, any ideas on how to get it in right with out hurting my puppies hair?



Putting on a Dog Bow?

i showed shih tzu's so i can answer this perfectly. pull the hair on top of the head into one latex rubber band(seperate from the bow. take a rat tail comb, seperate the hair in two pieces one forward one back. put another latex band on the front section. i am assuming that you have purchased a good quality pre made bow, make sure there are no loose beads or glitter(it can fall in the eyes). place all of the rubber bands around the front sections latex band. just place it don't wrap the bow bands around.



then take the back portion of hair and join it with the front section and place another latex band around the two pieces. if your puppy is still young that is about as much as you can do. if you need a visual :thedivadogbowtique.com is the best that i have found, and i buy my bows there. as for hurting, it is not the most comfortable for the dog, just don't pull to hard.



Putting on a Dog Bow?

I never was able to figure this out. I had a yorkie and I would get the bow in and then she would freak out and it would fall out.



Good luck...I realized my dog HATED it so I just stopped doing it.



Putting on a Dog Bow?

pull a strand of hair through each rubber band and wind the bands around each strand as a pony tail and get it fairly tight SO it won't fall out. I guess three is to make it even. Do one at a time. I always bought a small piece of ribbon and just tied it tight around a strand.



In 1984 when my first girl was born the hospital used KY Jelly to stick bows on the babies and I did and it really worked.



It sticks and gets rubbery, not slick, seriously!!!



Putting on a Dog Bow?

Professional groomers wrap the rubber band tightly around the jaws of a pair of hemostats (medical clamp). Open the clamp a little bit. Grab up a tuft of hair. Close the clamp on the hair. Slide the rubber band down over the hair and remove the clamp. The trick is to get a big enough tuft of hair and get the band wound tight enough that it can grip far enough away from the roots so as not to pull on the hair. It takes some practice to get right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans