Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

what can i do to stop them ???? he is missing hair on his lower left back and side of tail where he ate it off... i have been putting neosporin on it but he eats it off. please help



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

there are too many options as to what could be wrong with your dog......You MUST seek help from a vet. it is your responsibility.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

vet's



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

Sorry but you need to see a vet so they can test for what it is so you can properly medicate it. Neosporin isn't going to solve the problem. See if they can work out a payment plan. Don't use OTC products, they have harsh chemicals that can kill your dog if not used properly.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

Could be mites, you can get some ointment and powder specifically for them at wal-mart pretty cheap.



Is it mange? Burnt motor oil is a good way to clear that up, just rub some into the skin and it kills the mange. Don't let your dog eat the oil as it will make it sick, so rub it in, then immeadeatly wipe it off and clean the area.



That is all I can recommend, if people give you a hard time about not going to the vet, don't worry, dude, I have been on hard times before too, I feel ya.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

First, I have to say that you need to take the dog to the vet. Put it on a credit card if you have to. Dogs cost money to keep healthy.



That said, I have an idea that may work. Perhaps your dog just has allergies. Try putting witch hazel (you can get it in any drugstore, and it's very cheap, like a dollar a bottle) on your dog's "hot spots." It shouldn't burn, and I have a friend who swears by it for his dog's hot spots (raw spots where the hair has been chewed off).



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

Your dog absolutely needs a proper diagnosis and treatment, and there are two things you can do.



1. Get a phone book and call all of your area vets. Ask them if they will allow you to make payments. See if you are eligible for Care Credit, which a lot of vets will accept. (It's a credit card for paying vet bills.)



2. Surrender your dog to the SPCA or Humane Society. You will no longer have a dog, but your dog will receive the veterinary care he requires. It might not be your choice, but your dog should not suffer because you can't afford to have him.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

you can try bathing him with flea/tick shampoo (follow the directions) but most likely he will need to be diagnosed by a vet. Start saving or go hock something...



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

You might try calling a vet and explaining the symptons and your curcumstances; that you are not in a financial positition to bring the dog in and are seeking advice. You would be surprised to find that most are willing to help or work with you if he needs medical treatment outside of something over the counter. It certainly is nothing lost to take that route. Worst case scenario is that if they are unwilling to offer assistance or advice, you will know that is one vet you don't want to use when and if you are in a postion to use one in the future.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

Sell your computer and pay for the vet!!!!!!!!



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

Go to petco or Walmart and get the meds you need there. You're dog is slowly being sucked out of every needed nutrients and will die. But you will have very health parasites. Just goofing. A dog is a costly responsibility. It needs parvo shots, rabies, flea shampoo, heart meds and lots of love. If you are not in the position to accept these responsibilities now a mature,loving and unselfish thing to do is give it to someone who can and wait until you can get a job to afford another dog. There are many great dogs out there that need a good home. You will find one when you are financially ready.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

I understand that sometimes you just don't have money for a vet visit. I hope you at least have money to pick up the treatments.



Are you sure that he does not have fleas? Fleas tend to congregate where you are saying he is chewing. If he is allergic to fleas, he'll darn near chew his tail off trying to scratch the itch. If he does have fleas, bath him with a good flea shampoo (Not that hartz crap either) and then put a monthly preventative like Frontline on him to keep them from coming back.



If he is scooting his butt on the ground, that isn't a sign of worms like people used to say but rather a sign of impacted anal glands. That is very annoying to them and they'll chew around the base of their tail for that as well. You'll have to get a vet or a groomer to take care of that. A groomer will generally charge about $5-10 for that. If he's not scooting his butt though, probably not the problem.



You can buy over the counter wormers at any pet supply store (Petco, PetSmart). I would avoid the stuff from Walmart because it's generally garbage (there's a reason it's so cheap). If you live where there are farm supply stores, they will have them as well. You can also get a tube of Safeguard wormer for horses. It is VERY safe, you can overdose them and it won't hurt them. A tube will run you about $7-8 and it's enough to treat a 1250 pound horse, so it will last your dog a lifetime. This will get tapeworms in addition to the usual parasites. I've done this a million times with dogs dumped here in addition to my own, works like a charm and my vet ok'ed it as well.



As for the places where his skin is raw, you really need a topical antibiotic made for animals. At the pet supply store, look for some type of oil for dry itchy skin, something with tea tree oil would be great.



When I lived in a major city, the vets were all Payment Due At Time Of Service. No exceptions, no sympathy. I'm in the country now. My vet just puts it all on my bill. I drop off $20 or $40 every week until I'm caught up. If you're near a rural town, might try calling one of the clinics there.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

Are you sure it is parasites? My dog did that and it was food allergies. I understand the money situation. It sucks. I went to the vet ($40) just so they could tell me to switch food($40). You should call a local no-kill shelter. When I'm low on cash I try that and they have always told me to bring my dog in. You may just want to show up there, so they can't turn you away. In my case, they just gave me what I needed. But even if they charge you, it won't be nearly as much. Just make sure to make a hefty donation to the shelter when you have more cash. Good luck.



Poor people are entitled to have pets too, and I am sure that you love yours very much.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

please seek medical attention for your pet, he depends on you (his family) for his care. Good Luck.



Ok, so im pretty convinced my dog has parasites,however, i do not have the money to pay a vett...?

Try and find a vet in your area that treats animals at a low cost. There's always one somewhere. Your other option is to surrender your dog to your local ASPCA. Let them know what the situation is - your dog is sick and you can't afford to take care of it - and they will take custody of your dog, and give him a good home. There are so many things that could be wrong with him. Hopefully, it isn't too late to save is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans