Sunday, June 20, 2010

Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

I own a 4 yr. old Boxer pup. He has a itchy problem across his whole body. he's had it since he's been about 6 months. He has loss of hair and blad spots on his body. Everyday I have to give him a 20mg tab. of predizone. The vet can't seem to figure out whats wrong with him, and I have tried everything from changing foods to giving him med. baths. I'm a little lost on what to do for him, i don't like seeing him like this!! Anybody with advise please answer. Thanks!!



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

If you haven't already, have him checked for mange, ringworm and allergies. Allergy testing can be expensive, so it's usually not the first thing that gets done, but it can be the only way to get to the bottom of things. It might not hurt to check for mange and ringworm again even if you have already done these things. It is possible to get a false negative and your dog certainly seems uncomfortable.



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

mange, allergies to food or something in the environment.



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

I am sorry that you had to exiperence this.. email me at kaj4him@yahoo.com



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

Try feedin him oily fish (like canned salmon) and instead of bathing him, brush him very day to bring up the skin ois %26amp; se if that helps



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

You the 10th person to ask this same question. I think it may be allergies or just the change of season for these dogs.



What ever it is your boxer is not the only one to have this problem, thats for sure.



I wish I had the right answer for you but your already giving him meds so I cant think of anything else for you to do to help him.



I'm so sorry.



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

some dogs get allegic reaction to certain things,,maybe he is allergic to grass !!!!



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

How frustrating for you and your dog. I hope you can finally find out what's causing the problems and get it taken care of. I found a couple of interesting websites that might be of some help. You may have to scroll down a bit on the second website to find information pertaining to your situation. Good Luck!



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

Try a different vet. sorry to here about your dog



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

You can try a food called avoderm my boxer had skin problems as well and I fed him that it helped also I bathed him in Johnsons head to toe baby wash. I also put baby lotion on the bald spots and gave him chewable benadryl. Also you can ask your vet about herbal treatments sold at whole foods they are for humans but they work for dogs too. Good luck BOXERS ROCK!



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

I have a 3 yr old boxer who has had sensitive skin all his life. He had demodex as a puppy and we bathed him in a medication the vet gave us. Now we give him regular baths with moisturizing Selson Blue and it keeps his coat and skin healthy. He does still have some bald spots and we cant keep a collar on him because it will rub his hair off his neck but otherwise he is fine.



Question about my 4 yrs. Old Boxer Dog?

your dog probably has a skin condition or a skin allergy try to give him or her a benedryl pill and have your pet checked for mange. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans