Thursday, June 17, 2010

Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

I've taken my Maltese puppy to the groomer 4 times now. I'm always very impressed. The groomer always makes her smell like cotton candy and they always put a cute little bow in her hair. BUT....the last time I took her they cut her really deep right below her eye. I understand how this can happen since she is a very hyper puppy, but they did not even bother to tell me. They just stopped the bleeding with a septic pencil. I did not even notice until a day later because the septic pencil covered up the dried blood. My question is should I take her back to the same place? I can understand how this can and probably does happen anywhere. So, is it a waste of time just to take her somewhere else?



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

im a groomer, so ill give you the flip side of the coin



your dog was jumping all over the place and the groomer slipped and nicked your dog... it happens, so they stopped the bleeding and did everyting to make sure that the puppy was not injured...



the next step is..



"mrs johnson, fluffy is ready, but when you get here i want to show you a little nick on his cheak, its not bleeding but the scissors caught him while i was cleaning up his eyes. He doesnt seem to be in any pain, just keep an eye on it and let us know how it looks tommorow and if you want to take him to the vet to have it looked at, well cover the visit"



sooo... if that did not happen, there is a real problem



the question is, what if you didnt notice it? what if it became infected?



i would call, tommorow morning, and expain you found a mark and demand to know how it happened. if you dont get an extreme.."IM SOO SORRY I FORGOT TO TELL YOU, THERE IS NOT EXCUSE FOR THIS"



WALK AWAY



besides stypic pencile is not appropriate for dog skin



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

Honestly, yes, at this point, chalk it up to a hyper pup.



Give them a second chance. If it happens again soon, then find another groomer.



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

You should take it to a different groomer because they didn't even tell you!! You MAY need to sew or something



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

go and speak to them. your dog will be a bit unsure next time it goes there due to this. You must tell them. Did they tell you it had happened, I guess not. You shouln't have even been charged full pricefor that visit.



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

If you have always been impressed and this is the only problem youve ever had then i say keep going there it would just make it harder for your puppy to get used to a new groomer.



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

It was mostly likely the hyper puppy... however if it happens again i would seek a new groomer. I would keep and i on clipper burns also. and i think they should have told u what happened...how it happened. I would also bring it up to the groomer...nicely.



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

I would have a talk with your groomer, tell her what you found..If she Denys it then I would find another groomer. Maybe she just forgot to tell you. And it does happen, but I feel as you do that she should have told you. My groomer tells me if she clips my dogs nails to close and they bleed. But make sure you talk to her about this,,she must know you know about it. Watch how your dog acts when you drop her off too.. That will give you some sings too. I think Maltese are so pretty.



***********Adding this***********



What drezdogg said there was a very good answer I really agree with him..Perfect answer.



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

You may want to go again because your puppy may like her groomer.You should take her to the groomer when she isn't as hyper. If there are diffrent groomers at that place ask for another groomer and tell the groomer to tell you about any accidents. If all fails ask the dog.



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

Like you, I will be very wary. I dont like the fact that a wound was not disclosed. How many times has it happened that they harmed the dog? The industry have trade procedures to deal with a hyper dog. If the dog is biting, they can put a muzzle on and simply trim around the mouth. The worst dogs might get sedated temporarily.



When you phone for an appointment, Let them know that you know and they are on probation for your business.



Meanwhile, line up other groomers in your neighborhood.



The cotton candy smell is only a perfume, and the bow on the hair is a cute touch with the use of rubber band used for braces. Can be done in 5 seconds. The nitty gritty stuff where all the work is done is shearing, cutting,trimming face hairs, nail cutting and buffing and final styling. All that takes an hour or more.



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

It maybe wasn't a case of out and out not telling you about the cut. Maybe each one assumed someone else would remember to mention it to you when you picked up the dog.



Take her back and mention it in a sort of ' gee hope that doesn't happen again ' type of way and see what they say.



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

i am also a groomer and what drezdogg said is what i would do it is unprofessional not to tell you.i would also like to warn you that small dogs have problems with their knees and to be very care full not to let her jump down or pull her legs.as they may pop out and need surgery.hope this was helpful.



buggie



Should I take my dog back to the same groomer?

Call the groomer's shop, tell the owner what happened and tell them you have even considered finding a different groomer. I am sure this will help them be much more careful when your dog comes in. They might even decide to use a different implement near the eyes. The owner should find out which groomer worked on your dog and see if they need any help with their techniques or anything.



If you like your groomer, keep them. They can all make mistakes- especially with a bouncy dog... but if the dog likes them and they genuinely like and take good care of your dog, stick with them. I cut my dog's claw too deep once and she forgave me.... should we not do the same?



I have only had one dog who needed a groomer - a Pekingese who was rescued near the end of his life. During the year and a half he was mine, his groomer was his BEST buddy and liked the dog even better than we did. We underestimate how much our dogs can love the other humans in their lives... if your doggy loves her groomers, don't take them away from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans