Saturday, November 28, 2009

How does mange start in dogs? How is it treated? Is Mange a parasite?

Either my dog has mange or he is really shedding badly. If shedding is the issue then I can easily brush him and care for him but mange, I heard that is can take all the dogs hair of of them. What can I do to properly home treat my dog if he has mange? Is mange contagious to humans? Sorry for the stupid nieve questions. Just need to know answers right now. Am a Concerned pet owner. I know my next option would take him the the animal hospital. Any one with good, positive, influential, informative, and detailed answers, gets chosen and given the ten points. Thanks so much.



How does mange start in dogs? How is it treated? Is Mange a parasite?

There are 2 types of mange dogs get, Demodectic - which is not contagious to humans, and Sarcoptic - which is contagious to humans (causes Scabies). Both are caused by microscopic parasites in the skin. The only way to treat either, or know for sure which one it is, is to go to your vet. They will do a skin scraping and look at it under a microscope, and then give you the appropriate medication. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans