Friday, November 27, 2009

My Vizsla dog has irritated red skin, could he have allergies?

I have a 5-year old Vizsla named Bobo. The skin under his hind quarters (where there is no hair) gets very red and irritated. Then he licks it and makes it even worse. I have not changed his food or treats in years. He is on Nutromax Large Breeds (blue bag) and Iams cookies. Could he have environmental allergies, like people have? Could an allergy to food develop suddenly? It seems to be worse after he plays outside. The vet says to just spray bitter apple and give him benadryl but it's not working!! What is this and what should I do?



My Vizsla dog has irritated red skin, could he have allergies?

Take him to another vet and get a second opinion.



My Vizsla dog has irritated red skin, could he have allergies?

It could be. Or it might just be from the weather or something he got into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans