Saturday, November 28, 2009

Recommendations for shih-tzu dog groomers?

Hi, my baby will need her first hair cut soon. Any recommendations in London and would I be able to get a say in the style and any sites where I could see some different styles?



Recommendations for shih-tzu dog groomers?

Often a grooming salon wont let you see what goes on behind closed doors. Any groomer interested in your animal's welfare WILL let you see what goes on. Just get a puppy cut initially for your little one - anything too drastic and you'll feel sad that she now looks like an adult. Also, ask at the salons if they use drying cabinets - not recommended. Many do and I think it is cruel and dangerous that a dog is locked up in something that can overheat them. Hand held hairdrying is much safer and less stressful for your animal. Have you considered finding a mobile groomer who would come to your home to do your little dog. Shih tzu can get stressed at being taken to somewhere strange and left anyway and this would be the solution to the stress factor. I have mine done at home and I can see exactly what is going on. Speak with others with similar breeds when you go out walking - there will always be someone willing to give you a referral to who they use. Enjoy your little shih tzu - I have 2 girls, and lost a boy one 18 months ago. They are fabulous little characters.



Recommendations for shih-tzu dog groomers?

Call around to your different groomers in your area. I would ask for a show groomer as they tend to do the best job in my opinion. I had one before she left, but she did a fantastic job on my shih tzu. Show groomers compete against other groomers, so they tend to be more picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans