Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

I gave him some cheese a couple of days ago, since then he has this liquid poo and it smells SO bad! Plus he has long hair so it sticks to his fur and it's so gross! How can I fix this ?



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

it could be from the cheese or from some other dietary indiscretion or intestinal parasites. since it has been going on for a few days, a trip to your vet is in order. they can help pin point the cause for the diarrhea and prescribe medication to treat it.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

he probably has diarrea since u gave him the cheese, just dont feed it to him anymore. hell be fine



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

I would withhold food for 24 hours to see if that helps. Let your dog have as much water as it wants during this time. You do not want him to become dehydrated. After 24 hours, start feeding him his regular food in small increments, every 4 hours or so. See if this stops the cycle of the diarrhea. If you stop putting food into his system, that will generally stop the upset stomach. Do not withhold food more than 24 hours. If your dog still has diarrhea after this, take him to your vet.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

If it's from the cheese then you'll just have to wait until his body gets back to normal. Make sure he has LOTS of water because diahrrea can cause dehydration. Make sure he is only getting his normal dog food and NOTHING else until it clears up. If it doesn't get better in a day or 2 take him to the vet.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

Change the dog food my dog had the same problem. Aswell maybe your dog is getting into something that he shouldnt get into. Do you feed him left overs. A couple of my friends gives there dog tums.



I have some dog articles posted on my site and a bunch of my dog my dog pictures up http://edogblog.com check it out



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

Last time that happened to my dog, the vet told me to give her chicken and rice. We try to keep our dog from eating "people food" but that seemed to help. Besides that you might also want to keep your dog from eating his usually food for a day or so.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

you should not give a dog to much chees or it will get the runs.



you can cut/trim the hair around the but i have a maltese with long hair and thatas what i do. also make sure your feeding her/him good food.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

It's generally not a good idea to give dog dairy products (besides the occasional cooked egg and cottage cheese, which are actually beneficial). Dog's should be fed a made-for-dogs diet, such as dog food. Keep your dog on dry or wet dog food and his stool should return to normal. If he still has 'liquid' stool after more than 4 days go to a vet.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

pepto bismal until you can get into the vet to rule out parasites, poisons, food allergies...or any number of things that could be the problem.



It is imperative he get plenty of water and also wash and trim the fur on his bottom. Just use a washcloth and a bucket...don't immerse him in water or soak him...just clean him up and get rid of that fur to prevent it from getting dirty again.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

I have a German Shepherd and anyone who has one knows they have very sensitive digestive tracts (I learned this the hard way at first). My suggestion:



1. Due to the duration, he needs a trip to to the vet's office, since he is probably pretty dehydrated by this point and it could be a larger problem than simply giving him something he normally doesn't eat.



If it happens again (according to my vet's instructions):



1. Withhold his next feeding to let what ever is going on run it's course (no more than 12 hours, see #3).



2. Keep his water bowl full, to prevent dehydration.



3. When he is starting to feel better, feed mostly unflavored cooked rice to settle his stomach.



4. The next feeding, mix his normal kibble with the rice to get him used to his normal diet again.



5. If the problem persists, take him to the vet.



Another hint: some dogs have very sensitive digestive systems, and if you recently welcomed him into your family take this into consideration. Try not to change his normal diet, though the occasional (dog) treat is okay.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

how can ya fix it...easy dnt give him any cheese again it'l run its course and he should be fine, try feeding him dry food like dog mixer this is more solid and full of fibre and that should help. but he may have a nasty *** for another couple of days its obvious the cheese didnt agree with him so just be carefull and keep him hydrated, plenty of water and dog mixer instead of dog food for 2 days or so the water will help flush out the stomach.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

If he's had liquid poo for 2 days, you need to take him to the vet, as I doubt it's from the cheese. The cheese would generally only effect the first bowel movement after feeding the cheese.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

I am an expert at this one as I have a dog that had issues and allergies that resulted in the same thing. First of all the dog needs to be put on something like boiled chicken and white rice.. That is easy on the stomach.



also canned pumpkin( no spices plain) will tighten up stool. It has a lot of fiber in it and will draw the water. Mix a tablespoon or so in with the food. Can of green beans is also good.



There are also tablets you can buy that have natural bacteria in them that will help the intestinal tract get back to the way it was prior to the cheese.



If the poop is still runny after a while I would go to the vet to see if it is an infection and not just a dietary indiscretion.



My dog has liquid poo! How can I fix this ?

It's likely the cheese. Feed him regular food, and eventually it should push it through his system. If it doesn't get better in a few more days, go to the vet. Make sure the dog has enough water- with the "liquid poo" he could become dehydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans