Sunday, November 22, 2009

Help - I think my dog has mange?

loss of hair and flaky with scabs - she is itching alot - I have three dogs will they all get it - oh my lab has a scab on his belly, it that the same thing.



Help - I think my dog has mange?

Vet. Skin scraping. Only way to know for sure.



Help - I think my dog has mange?

And what did the vet say when you brought them in?



Help - I think my dog has mange?

Go to the vet right away with all of your dogs. Some forms of mange are highly contagious, and can even be transmitted to YOU.



I'd just call right now and make an appt. for tomorrow.



Help - I think my dog has mange?

If you suspect that your dogs have mange then you need to contact your vet immediately and get them in for treatment. Good luck!



Help - I think my dog has mange?

If it IS mange %26amp; it is the Sarcoptic variety - it is contagious.



You should definitely take her to the vet.



Help - I think my dog has mange?

All of the dogs will most likely get it if it's sarcopic mange (even humans can get it) so they need to be taken to the vet as soon as possible to be treated. There is no home remedies for mange and it will continue to severely irritate the dogs and it may transfer to humans. Also, if not treated it will become severe and can even kill the dogs so it's best to the them all to the vet today (even if you just see it on one, you need to take all of them to be treated).



Help - I think my dog has mange?

The only way to find out is a trip to the vet for a skin scraping. The vet will be able to tell if it's mange and what type of mange it is. There are 2 types Sarcoptic and Demadedic both of which are very harmful to your pets and contagious.



Help - I think my dog has mange?

I use imu oil on my dog when she gets itchy. Clears her rash up every time. Might want to switch foods as well if you are feeding them a low quality food. I get my dogs from a Natural Pet Food store.



Help - I think my dog has mange?

take your dog to the vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans