Sunday, November 22, 2009

I have a Shar-pei (roly dog) with sore toes HELP!?

I have a three year old shar-pei that had a cyst inbetween two toes.Ive taken her to the vet many of times but they just drain it and give me the bill.



And now i've noticed that she's getting them inbetween other toes. They look very painful!



I was wondering if there is anything i could put on them to keep the infection away and anything i can do to stop them reoccuring?



She is also a bit overweight and is a horse hair shar-pei.



I have a Shar-pei (roly dog) with sore toes HELP!?

Here is a good discussion about the condition%26gt; http://www.vetinfo.com/dinterdigit.html



Dr. Mike will help you understand causes and treatments better..



I have a Shar-pei (roly dog) with sore toes HELP!?

From what I understand this happens with this breed; I have one and been battling the same thing but not in her toes. Mine gets them on her body, my vet puts her on antibiotics for 30 days. The cyst's will constantly grow back; the one thing you can do for her is to help her loose the weight to keep her lighter on her toes. If she is not complaining, then they only look bad and she may not be feeling pain unless you baby her. Take her for a good run, this breed loves to run. I would also suggest to try another vet, do some research in your area for a vet that knows this breed well. They do have lots of problems. The next thing I have to put mine through is an operation on her eyes. Good luck.



I have a Shar-pei (roly dog) with sore toes HELP!?

I don't have a Shar-Pei, but one of my dogs had recurring interdigit cysts. The vet drained some fluids for lab tests and gave put him on antibiotics from time to time when the cyst(s) comes back.



I then began to pay attention to where he's been, and what products I've been "using" around his paws. Turns out his toes may be allergic to the 8in1 brand doggie wipes I use on them. Not that this is the solution in every case, and it's possible we just got lucky...but the cysts never came back after I stopped wiping his paws withe the wipe.



Good luck!



I have a Shar-pei (roly dog) with sore toes HELP!?

I have a young German shepherd that has this condition. It is an auto immune issue. I did some research and treated her with metronidazole till the cyst were gone. The Vet just wanted to put her on steroid base drugs which I tried but it didn't work and they are bad for your dog with long term use. Its been a few months and the cyst have not come back. I am considering the new protocol for booster shots which is every three years instead of every year. Can you think back and does this condition co-inside with the dogs booster?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans