Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My dog is shedding...badly is it because of the weather?

ok i have a border collie and he is shedding like crazy. i really dont think it is a medical problem. he had like really thin hair in certain spots. now....is it probably because its spring?



My dog is shedding...badly is it because of the weather?

it could be him "blowing his winter coat". the vet where i work says that dogs have different coats for the seasons. i am assuming that the spring/summer one is thinner. but maybe that is your problem. if it doesn't lighten up, contact your vet. hope this helps



My dog is shedding...badly is it because of the weather?

My dog sheds to sometimes the vet says it is because of allergies we got her an allergy shot and shave her down that helps her to be a lot more comfortable and us not to have to clean up so much hair. If he has sore spots you may have to get treatment for hot spots usually caused by shedding and allergies. Good Luck!



My dog is shedding...badly is it because of the weather?

my dog is shedding hair too,hope it is a sign of spring.



My dog is shedding...badly is it because of the weather?

when it gets cold your dog Will start to grow a thicker coat for warmth but when it gets warm your dog still has its winter coat so they will naturally shed to remove extra fur



My dog is shedding...badly is it because of the weather?

All my dogs are shedding like crazy even though today was only 9 degrees outside.



I'm hopeing it's because of the weather. This years has been very nasty on dogs coats at least here in the north east. We had a long fall and now a winter blast. The dogs coats never really got their full winter coats in and now they are shedding like crazy.



Hope this eases your mind.



My dog is shedding...badly is it because of the weather?

don't worry thats normal for a dog to shed they are loosing their old coat and getting the new one. just keep brushing. my husky sheds alot too.



My dog is shedding...badly is it because of the weather?

I have a Border Collie/ Lab mix and a 6 year old Border Collie. The Border Collie is always shedding like mad. They are on a scale of 1-10, a 9 for shedding. I try to keep him brushed out. Its hard to do at -20 with the wind chill. Going from the warmth of a house to the cold outside. Dose cause any breed of dog to shed more. Border Collies have a real nice and thick under coat. It makes a lot of hair on the carpet. The thin hair in spots might be something else. But, when the under coat is shedded. Its longer than the fur. Without seeing a photo its hard to tell. I would take him to the vet for a quick look over. No too much to do for a fuzzy pal. I have to wipe slobber off the windows. Vacuum the car out after each trip to the vet. In the spring for shots and heart worm pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans